August 9, 2011

Today a beer blog....tomorrow, the world!

Okay, so here it is, my blog documenting the beer I drink. For the past year or so I have been drinking a lot of beer. After 4 months of trying new beers, I came to a sad realization that I could barely remember the beers I drank when I first began my beer journey. This sad moment resulted in the creation of a Word document where I began to document all my beer drinking conquests.

A few months down the line, I realized that beer is divided into some clearly defined styles, and that categorizing all these different beers in a Word document is unorganized and messy. With some help from a friend I organized an Excel document and began keeping tabs on my beer by category. But the more I thought about my use of Excel, the more I thought, seriously…Excel? The Excel document bloated up into this ridiculous 45 megabyte file, and it takes 9 minutes to open and uses 8gigs of RAM.

Accepting my failure as a human and beer drinker, I went through a logical thought process of anger, grief, and denial. I think I even considered switching over to wine coolers. But in the end beer saved me, and several drinks later I decided that the best plan would be to put my worthless opinion in a public space. My thoughts and opinions are now property of Google. But I love Google, and I am totally okay with that (seriously, I am).

So for the sake of organization, I present to you this beer blog. I realize the irony; I am one of the assholes who laughed at social media from day one. I don’t care that you are taking a crap, and I don’t want to read about it on your Twitter or your Blog. But documenting my experiences in an Excel document isn’t helping society or my hard drive. Sometimes you have to do things for the greater good. The greater good….the greater good.

Anyway, this blog is guaranteed to be grade-A crap. The content is going to be craptastic, offensive, and tongue-in-cheek. But I get to talk about beer. And drink it. So adjust your monocle and put down your crumpets, it is time for beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment