March 12, 2015

Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon

#grad life or something
Distilled By: Buffalo Trace Distillery/Sazerac (Franklin County, Kentucky)
Purchased: 750ml bottle bought at in Jewel-Osco in Chicago; 2015 
Style/ABV: Bourbon, 45.0% (90 proof)

It occurred to me that I should take notes of the spirits I drink, also I guess we are jumping the shark now because why not. DAE reviews are the content equivalent to dick anyway?

This is a deep burnished, gold color, with glossy legs, lots of clarity.

Once the aroma settles down, you get a lot of nice sweetness in the form of brown sugar and vanilla; with cinnamon, mint, faint char, and barrel spice. There's some sweet pineapple notes as well, with some agave, resin, and candy sweetness.

This is moderately thick, with lots of brown sugar/cinnamon/minty spice, good heat, and some nice cereal malt character that emerges with hints of vanilla and barrel. You get some of the pineapple and fruit without adding water, but the water brings out the fruity notes. 

This grad school thing is killing my beer review thing. Which is for the better, believe you me. Anyway, back to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment